(Days 1 & 2) – After an early morning 7-hour drive from Carmel, California we immediately knew we made the right choice to depart once we started taking in the beauty of King Canyon & Sequoia National Parks. Huge beautiful trees with fantastic mountainous views. In Sequoia National Park we saw General Sherman – largest tree on Earth measuring 52,500 cubic feet, drove through the “Tunnel Log”, and hiked close to 10 miles within the forest.
(Days 3 & 4) – We packed away the boys hats and gloves at 3 am and headed on a 5-hour drive to the hottest place on Earth – Death Valley National Park. We were literally in the middle of nowhere – driving for hours without much sign of human activity much less gas stations or stores. With the hottest temperature ever recorded of 134 degrees, we were appreciative of the 110-degree temp and Aaron even went bike riding two days…craziness!
(Days 5 & 6) – Short 2+ hour drive to Las Vegas, Nevada – we went from the middle of a desolate desert to the middle of lights, action, and entertainment!
Didn’t capture a picture but I had a great time catching up over lunch with Lindsay and her brother Tom!
(Day 7) – Early flight back to St. Louis – excited to visit with family and friends!
Favorite Kid Quotes:
• “May I please have (insert anything random) ….please?!” (i.e., polite verbal intro to every google talk inquiry)
• “This is where I go to call my boss.”
• “I wish we didn’t have so much fun today so the day would last longer.”
• “I think that trail sign points to heaven because we have got to be so close!”
• “I wish our car was really an ice cube with wheels, I really need it to be freezing in here!”
• “All of my legs are so tired.”
Thank you for sharing in this crazy journey we call life!