(Day 0) – Aaron and boys excited to sight see in Portland, Oregon after dropping me off at the airport to head to St. Louis work event.
(Day 1) – Splash time on the boardwalk!
(Day 2) – Aaron and boys went to Portland Zoo and Park.
(Day 3) – I flew back into Portland, excited to continue our Northwest Pacific excursion to Bend, Oregon!
(Day 4) – Bend, Oregon – fantastic town area and outdoor activities.
(Day 5) – Boys were excited about spending the afternoon at Devil’s Lake and short hike.
(Day 6) – We ventured on Green Lakes 8+ mile hike. In the evening enjoyed time with an old friend Ross Ackerman and his wife Shandra at Crux Fermentation Project — fantastic open grounds with great range of drinks, family games and food trucks.
(Day 7) – Left Bend early to eventually arrive in Bandon, Oregon. First stop, Crater Lake National Park to enjoy breathtaking views of America’s deepest lake and the bluest water I have ever seen.
(Day 8) – Aaron golfed all 4 courses at Bandon Dunes over 2 days. First day of 36 holes on Bandon Dunes and Old McDonald. Then family evening out on the coast – fishing and crashing in the waves.
(Day 9) – Aaron wrapped up second full day of golf on Pacific Dunes and Bandon Trails courses. Golf highlight was shooting an 80 at Pacific Dunes! His caddy for both days use to caddy for St. Louisian professional golfer Jay Williamson.
Boys and I enjoyed recess time with new friends at the park and one last beach stop for building and wave jumping.
(Day 10) – After several great weeks in Oregon, off to Northern California!
Favorite Kid Quotes:
• “My kitchen is closed, no more salads or shark soups, but we are still serving beer!”
• “Put up that window, we are paying for air conditioning and I don’t want to run out of mommy-daddy days!”
• “Hey mom, why don’t you have any toys? We should buy you some, like a nerf gun or something.”
• “I think we should walk instead of taking a taxi because they cost money, so if we walk more then we can have more mommy-daddy days.”
• “This hike is so hot I wish I had 1,200 gallons of water.”
• “Why isn’t Smokey the Bear putting out this fire?”
Thank you for sharing in our journey – have a fantastic day!